Tuesday 3 June 2014

Elephant is Stuck!

This week our big book was called Elephant is Stuck! 
The author of the story is Jill Eggleton. She wrote the words. 
Marten Coombe was the illustrator.  He drew the pictures.







Poor old Elephant had a big problem.  He was stuck in a hole.  Tiger and Lion couldn't get Elephant out, but the clever little mouse could help!


We used our green hat thinking to think of some new ways to get Elephant out of the hole.   

When we think with our green hat, we think about new ideas and new ways to 
solve problems!

We did a big class brainstorm and wrote down our green hat thinking

We wrote our idea in our writing books.  Then Mrs Graham printed off our stories, and  we copied them on to special paper so we could display our writing in our classroom. 
We worked hard to do our very best writing so could be proud of our super star work! 

Come and read our clever ideas!

 I would whistle for a bee to come and sting Elephant.  That would give him a fright.
by Pepper Jo
  I would rub soap all over Elephant's body so that he can slip out.
by Joshua 
  I would get my Dad to get a big shovel and push Elephant out because Dad is strong.
by Dhruv
  I would make a big chain of people to pull Elephant out.
by Hope
  I would get a big train to push Elephant along the dirt.
by Mugundhan
  I would ask Mum to get a crane to lift Elephant.
by Morgan 
  I would give Elephant a trampoline to bounce out of the hole.
by Zoe
  I would tie a rope around Elephants tummy.  We would need lots of people to 
pull and pull on the rope.
by Afreen
  I would get 100 people to carry Elephant out of the hole.
by Riddhika
  I would get a shovel and scoop him out.
by Anesh
 I would use a bulldozer to push Elephant out.
by Ethan
 I would ask Superman to fly down and get Elephant out.
by Jacob
 I would dig a big track and I would dig it with a shovel so that Elephant can walk out.
by Yusra
 I would build some steps for Elephant to walk up out of the hole.
by Michael
 I would push him out with a big stick.  I would need Mum and Dad to help me.
by Aston
I would give Elephant a big fright so he jumped out of the hole.
by Lohita

We are clever at using our green hat thinking!
When did you use your green thinking hat to solve a problem?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Room E6 can't wait to read your comment! Thanks for visiting our class blog!